What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
A team approach to provide total health care at our office for you.
Who is part of your Patient-Centered Medical Home team?
- Your health care provider
- All other staff at your health care provider’s office
- Most importantly, YOU! You are the most important person on your health care team. Patient-centered is a way of saying that you are the focus of your health care
What do you need to do as part of your Patient-Centered Medical Home team?
Keep your medical home providers informed
- Let your health care provider know about the health care you receive from other health care professionals
- Call you medical home first with questions and appointment requests before you go to an Urgent Care or Emergency Room
- Let your medical home know if you have been in the hospital. Call your provider as soon as you are discharged from the hospital
- Let your medical home know of any change in your medications after a hospital stay or from another health care provider
- Bring all your medications (or a list of all your medications) with you to each visit at your medical home
Take an active role in your own health
- Follow the health care plan that you and your team agreed on
- Set goals that you can reach. Once these goals have been reached discuss new goals
- Tell your team if you are having trouble on staying with your health care plan or it is not working for you
What can your Patient-Centered Medical Home do for you?
- Help manage your health care
- Help answer all your health questions
- Listen to your concerns
- Coordinate your care if additional services are needed
- Encourage you to play an active part in your own health care
If you have any further information, please call our office anytime at: